Thursday 3 March 2011

Front cover drafts

Here are three versions of my front cover in various stages of completion:


Above is my starting point as such for my front cover, showing the masthead and central dominant image as a basis for the rest of the page.


Next is the second draft, where you can clearly see that the colour of the masthead has changed to a bright red. As mentioned in other blog posts, I talked about the idea of using a colour like red as part of my masthead in order to attract a male and female audience, the likes of which are seen on various early Smash Hits front covers.


Lastly is the draft before my finished product. The background colour has been changed to a pale blue, again trying to draw in both genders. A barcode, issue number, date and strapline have been added, as well as the main article of the magazine, which is linked to my central dominant image.

No comments:

Post a Comment